Spiced Pumpkin Bites
Because pumpkins aren't just for Halloween...
Below is my recipe for "Spiced Pumpkin Power bites". Perfect for an on the go, energy boosting snack that packs a lot of nutrients.
All my recipes featured on Instagram (and soon to launch website) are carefully created so that anyone with a dietary restriction can still enjoy them - whether you are vegan, keto, paleo, gluten free or even diabetic.
•2tsp coconut oil (melted)
•2 tsp Stevia liquid (I like Modern Nature)
•100g Pumpkin puree (this is simply steamed and blitzed pumpkin).
•20g Coconut flour
•20g Almond flour
3/4 tsp Ginger ground
3/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
1/2 tsp Nutmeg ground
•1tsp Maca (optional)
•1tsp Mixed spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger)
•10g Stevia granules
1. Roast the whole almonds in a pan until fragrant and toasted.
2. With the flat blade of your Nutribullet grind your almonds (whilst still hot) into a nut butter, adding the coconut oil half way to loosen it.
3. Once the nut butter has become oily add the pumpkin puree and blend again.
4. Transfer the pumpkin mixture to a bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients. Combine until a dough is formed.
5. Divide the dough into 12g each and roll into balls. Place in the fridge on top of greeseproof paper to set.
6. Combine the dusting spice mix in a small dish.
7. Once your pumpkin bites have set (about 20minutes) remove from the fridge and roll in your dusting mix.
8. Enjoy with a hot mug of Golden Turmeric milk!